AHEAD provides support for your company’s annual corporate secretariat, including:
- Drafting of agenda and convening board meetings and general meetings of shareholders;
- Assisting in board meetings and general meetings of shareholders;
- Drafting of resolutions, minutes of the meetings, letters concerning regulated agreements;
- Preparing management reports for the approval of annual accounts and extraordinary general meetings of shareholders;
- Administrating share registers and other compulsory legal registers;
- Fulfilling and following up legal formalities, etc.
Our services can also include the preparation of briefing papers to ensure directors are informed of the latest developments in legal, regulatory or corporate governance best practice.
A meticulous administration of the legal secretariat of a company not only needs to meet precise legal requirements but furthermore reflects a sound management approach which in turn provides protection and peace of mind to the directors and shareholders of the company.
AHEAD simplifies the administrative and supervisory tasks of the legal secretariat by offering tailor made options at a competitive rate.
AHEAD provides legal advice for the proper set-up of companies by advising on the best legal form to adopt and by drafting the respective articles of association.
AHEAD amongst others provides following services:
- Changes occurring during the lifespan of a company such as increases/reductions of share capital; change of corporate purpose, headquarters, changes in corporate officers;
- Market operations such as the sale of shares or stocks, stock buy-backs;
- Drafting of agreements to waive debts, cash management agreements.
AHEAD advices on restructuring operations, mergers, equity investments, transfer of assets, transfer of activity or business and every other high scale operation. The firm provides following services:
- Drafting letters of intent, tenders;
- Drafting and negotiating sale and purchase agreements, guarantee and financing agreements;
- Organising data rooms, providing legal audits;
- Structuring joint-ventures, preparing shareholder agreements, etc.
AHEAD also advises on all issues ranging from the duties of directors to transparent corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL CONTRACTS
AHEAD provides legal solutions for the successful conclusion of all commercial agreements.
AHEAD carries out negotiations, drafts and reviews all types of client-specific contracts such as:
- Service provision contracts, license contracts, financing contracts, engineering contracts, purchase agreements,
- Confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, as well as
- Industrial contracts such as Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) contracts.
REAL ESTATE LAW
AHEAD provides legal advice in all aspects of real estate:
- Acquisition and transfer of real estate;
- Town planning and environmental regulations;
- Commercial leases; and
- Building contracts.
AHEAD provides legal advice in the area of competition resulting from increased privatization and deregulation.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW
AHEAD supports clients in the protection, enhancement and utilization of their rights in the area of innovation, industrial and artistic creation.
AHEAD advises on unfair competition, counterfeiting and other illegal practices.
AHEAD also conducts intellectual property rights evaluation in the framework of acquisitions.
AHEAD advises and assists clients with:
Labor aspects of mergers and acquisitions:
- Due diligence;
- Consultation of staff representatives and government agencies;
- Negotiation of the status and compensation of management-level employees, etc.
Collective employment relationships:
- Transfer of employees;
- Restructuring, collective dismissal;
- Staff representation;
- Negotiating and drafting of collective bargaining agreements, codes of ethics, etc.
Individual labor relations:
- Recruitment process;
- Employment contracts, expatriate, secondment contracts, service agreements;
- Employee compensation;
- Individual dismissals/discipline, employee compensation, settlement agreements, separation arrangements with senior executives/corporate officers, etc.
BANKING & PROJECT FINANCE
AHEAD provides legal advice on the drafting, negotiation and implementation of Finance documents and Project documents such as:
- Term sheets for financing;
- Facility agreements;
- Concession, permits to build and/or operate;
- Construction, offtake, supply, operation and maintenance contracts;
- Bank guarantees; and
- Security deeds (guarantee, contract for the pledge of bank accounts or shares, assignment of receivables, pledge, mortgage…), etc.
AHEAD provides advice concerning:
- Account management;
- Means of payment;
- Electronic banking; and
- Cash pool activities;
AHEAD also advises on foreign direct investment within the context of acquisition transactions and project finance.
PUBLIC LAW, ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT
AHEAD is very positive about the economic changes happening in Africa and is willing to assist public and private operators in project investment and public-private partnerships. Of particular interest is the area of energy management whilst also taking into account environmental considerations such as:
- Environmental strategies;
- Environmental risk research;
- Site Contamination;
- Waste management, etc.
AHEAD, amongst others provides following services:
- Drafting and review of documents such as electricity, gas, petroleum and mining exploitation and concession agreements;
- Due diligence;
- Support for the granting of the necessary authorizations and/or declarations for the set-up of regulated activities.